Tuesday, May 31, 2005

SPIRITUAL GIFTS

“Spiritual gifts” is an interesting area to ponder.

They are a piece of the ground that God has given us to claim as part & parcel of our very selves. Who is Steve Wilson? To answer this without claiming my gifts would be to dishonor The Donor. I have the right to use these gifts as they were intended (for the benefit of the church). It is my duty to defend them from improper use by others or myself. To do this I must set clear boundaries so that everyone, including me, knows where I stand & where I intend to go.

Humility about my gifts should not cloud my ownership!

I need to acknowledge my gifts. I need to give them a name and call them out to the world. I need to record them, to mark their boundaries, and take possession of them. I need to climb to the top of the little mountain of my spiritual gifts and plant my flag. “Here are the gifts of Steve Wilson. This is the base of my operations. Authorized Personnel Only. Danger, Man at Work. Caution, will NOT make sudden turns, but will plow straight ahead!”

Here’s my scripture search on “Spiritual Gifts” -

Romans 12:2-4
1 Corinthian 1:3-5
1 Corinthian 12:1-3
1 Corinthian 14:1-3, 11-13
Ephesians 4:6-8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home