Sunday, May 29, 2005

Recovery Bible Reading - Step 1 Themes

Steve's Daily Read - Sunday Summary
Luke Ch 6-10

In step one I am admitting I am powerless to control my hurts hang-ups and habits. This is a daily surrender for me. I have a need to be in control. More accurately I have the need to believe I am in control. To maintain the illusion of control I do things that I can control. Doing all the details as a form of control can be a distraction from my real objective.

Thus the little story of Mary & Martha, five verses at the end of chapter 10.

I take two recovery lessons from this story. First is that recovery is more that doing the steps. Second, the people that love us may not understand what we are doing and by accident or intention, interfere.

Martha was about doing. Mary was about being with and becoming like Jesus.

See "Steve's Daily Read" for my complete reflections on Recovery Step 1 themes in this weeks readings: www.bbstudyblog.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home