Monday, October 18, 2004

hunch back of northern irvine

we just moved all our furniture out of the three bedrooms and the livingroom into the dinning room & kitchen. all in the name of cleanliness. Purpose: de-CAT-ta-tro-phize-a-tion of the carpeted flooring areas after two years of infestation. The little men in little white suits come tomorrow bearing their long white hoses. The we move it all back again tomorrow. uggg.

The dog is giving me that, "what are these stupid humans up to now?", look. He's right!

40 days of basic
water: 1st day, no caffine
brkfst: granola bar
lunch: twix
dinner: enchilada, taco, rice beans, lemonade
sleep: 12sun-7mon
ex: movin stuff

14"A despairing man should have the devotion of his friends, even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty. 15 But my brothers are as undependable as intermittent streams" Job 6:14-15

Job was disappointed by his friends. He expected them to understand what even he could not. Disappointment often comes to me when my expectations are not communicated clearly. After all, Job could have said, "I know you are trying to be helpful, but right now I just need your compassion more than your advise. " Good friends are patient supportive & accepting of clear communications. SW

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, October 19, 2004, Blogger Jim said...

Amen to the last bit of your post. I think the key word there is CLEAR. When things are NOT clear we who love the person can and should come to them and ask for CLARITY so we do not ASSume or REject INcorrectly
in an UNloving manner which would be DISpleaseing to GOD. Man now that is even a mouthful for me and I just typed it. Good job on staying focused my brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home