Sunday, October 17, 2004

simply to risk

The gospel choir always lifts my spirit at 9am worship. Some times I am too moved to sing. The message was solid… on relationships & intimacy… (Tim must be looking ahead... or maybe Pastor Rick has a spy in Friday group).

My part in achieving intimacy is simply to risk it… and keep risking it… within healthy boundaries… and finding a way to forgive the hurts that will always accompany a life of intimacy. This is the life of love that I am challenged to follow.


40 days of basic
water: I found a hidden coke
breakfast: none
lunch: grilled cheese on sourdough
snack: popcorn
dinner: Mary’s in a cooking mood-her folks for dinner--
meatloaf, asparagus, baked potato w/ sour cream,
pumpkin pie & whip cream (ouch)
exercise: moving furniture (backs killing me) for carpet cleaners Tuesday
sleep: 1230-745
ok – back to the grind – after all this is about being disciplined.

"But if it were I, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. 9 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. Job 5:8

Job gets so much poor advice, although well intended… his friends arrogantly assume Job suffers because he is guilty. But aren’t we all guilty. Yet God blesses us.

But here, Job’s friend strikes gold… even though he is wrong about Job… he is right about God. SW

1 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, October 18, 2004, Blogger Jim said...

Amen to everything you said.
Intamacy as I said in group for me is spelled
IN-TO-ME-SEE. I needed a safe place to bare my soul.
If I believed it was not then forget it. I will not be
talking to you any time soon. I know that is wrong now and I do have to risk. That being said that is also
only 50% of the equation. The other party has the responsibility to meet me half way, or in the middle
if you will so it is safe.
May God bless us as we go forward

 

Post a Comment

<< Home