Sunday, October 10, 2004

its a cool ride - with the right driver

the babe machine:

"The Rocket" of my cruisin' days circa 1968 Posted by Hello
just thought you should know.
40 days of basic
1) water: two diets.. going cold turkey for the rest of week
2) food: break= -0-
lunch: 2 dogs, chips fruit
dinner: beef boreaux(succulent cubes of beef in my secret au juice, magnafeke), taders-n-gravy, carrots, salad(total portion control was good). bonus: small piece of mary's homemade apple pie (i ask her to send it home with her folks, she cried but she did)
overall b- because of good portion control.
3) exercise: mucho yard work
4)sleep: will try for 1030pm
5)john chp 3 - "Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. "
---
my goal for the week is to truly give over my physical cravings to christ. i have been trying to use my own power, failing miserably. ok is just not good enough. the devil still has a foot hold on my desires, waiting of my discipline to weaken and fade. im finding it so much harder this time, the inconsistency of meals at work. but i know, if i am consistent in my lord, self-discipline will be the fruit.
after all, its about health yes, but more, a healthy foundation of spiritual discipline.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, October 10, 2004, Blogger Jim said...

Hey man, I was just waiting to hear from you today. I posted two blogs today myself. I realize as well that the tounge is my worst enemy. It is alos where so many of my tastebuds are. I am however finding it pretty easy as of now because I am home and not out to go to the fast food places.
2 eggs 3 turkey sausage links 4 oz oj peach.
No lunch. Then came dinner. We went out for dinner and I did ok but not good. I had veg. soup, Side salad,
and CHILI FRIES. DAM!! THEY WERE GOOD> Ice tea NO DESERT for the lard ass. mom got choc. cake and I watched her eat it. that was good.
water 32 oz in am exercise walking around Saddleback tonight came straight home no snacks.Grade C for COULD BE BETTER. Have a great day at work.

P.S. Steve Scott is going to talk to the job guy at Saddleback for me to see if I can work on Campus at the church perhaps. GOD'S WILL MAN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home