Monday, January 03, 2005

He doesnt ask our opinion.

From a discussion with a brother:

I have found that the "Jesus as the only way to heaven" question is the biggest stumbling block to belief for most searchers. Pastor Rick says, "Hey, I didn’t make the rules, I'm just the messenger... " HE said it ... so pastor Rick is betting his life on it.

For myself, I try to focus on God's path for me, not on His plan everyone else. I have faith that He has called me to follow his son... and so I have finally begun my walk with Him with intention. Every victory & every trial has so far strengthened that faith.

I don’t know if there is any wiggle room in the scripture for non-believers. I am confident, however, that when this path is chosen it does work for everyone.

I have felt lead to this place. I was born in a Christian country, into a good family of non practicing Christians, married a faith filled little Christian girl, and had many powerful experiences with Christians along the way... calling me quietly to follow.

When I think about it... I have had very little control over these most important things in my life. No one controls when they're born, where, who their parents are, their childhood, their health, who they will meet, who their kids will be... on & on & on... or even when will they die.

Yet for me, I truly believe that these things in my life form a pattern... a plan... which has been only partially revealed. During my life I have come to make conclusions about this plan that have been wrong... because I misunderstood my relationship with the Planner.

I have now chosen to put my salvation in Christ. My desire is to develop this relationship through prayer, scripture, service, and fellowship...

For now, I have decided to defer judgment on the BIG salvation question and concentrate on my own. Seems like an all-powerful God will make sure everyone is there that He wants there. And isn’t it this that really gets to most people... the real stumbling block... that it is HIS plan... what ever that plan is... and He doesn't ask for their opinion??

sw

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, January 05, 2005, Blogger Jim said...

Yes very true, God does not ask us for our opinion. I am glad he doesn't. My track record of my opinion is not to bright to say the least.
I am not all knowing, He is.
I do not know what is best for me. He does.
I will always make mistakes. He can't.
I will always be a sinner. He can't.
I do not belive enough in myself. He does.
can't see the end result. He can.
And so on & on & on & on.

Looking at the two plans let's call them the I-- Plan and the HE--- plan. The I plan always fails and falls short. The HE plan always has my best interest in mind.
DAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! WHICH PLAN WOULD YOU CHOOSE???
Thank God for the HE plan and C.R.
gby sw
Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home