Sunday, January 02, 2005

dumb things that make you think

I watched a dumb movie last night... 50 first dates with Adam Sandler & Drew Barimore... silly junk food of a film. but sometimes just like a big burger & fries can really satisfy...

So did this childish little flick.

Plot, if you call it that: cute girl (Drew) has brain damage so that she wakes up each morning as if it was the day of her accident… completely forgetting everything that happened the day before. In this way she is truly living one day at a time. Nice guy (Adam) is enchanted by her and each day tries to get a date with her, knowing that by the morning she will have forgotten him. They fall in love of course & find a way to make it work for them.

I’ve have been doing my moral inventory and in examining how I have hurt people in the past. I saw in her someone who was being loved & protected by those around her. And in him someone who was willing to sacrifice to make that happen for me.

I am truly blessed to have a loving wife who has allowed me to travel at my own speed over the last 6 troubled years. In spite of our difficulties to make it work out… we have work & sacrificed together.

that's why i don't watch movies that make you think... my brain would explode. sw


2 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, January 02, 2005, Blogger Jim said...

Hey, was that a bang I heard over irvine today as I went by? I thought it was a blow out on the freeway> I guess I know now it was a blow out of sorts. LOL. We do have to count our blessings because the day will come when we have few to count. I thank God for the many blessings I have in my life and use the strength from every one of them to get me to the next.
So my brother, count it all joy when saten comes to tempt you and just remind him you are a child of
ALL MIGHTY GOD. CAST HIM AWAY WITH PRAISE & WORSHIP!!!
GBY MY BROTHER
Jim.

 
At 8:29 AM, January 03, 2005, Blogger mike said...

Saw the same movie this weekend myself! The insight you got out of it is very neat - hope you share these feelings with Mary.

Bought Wild at Heart and am more than halfway through it. THANK YOU! This book is TERRIFIC and has already changed the way I think about some things. I'm going to share it with my son-in-law in Florida who seems to have lost his purpose as well.

God bless you man, you're doing ok. Will talk with you before Thursday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home