Sunday, December 05, 2004

From Doug's Message on Discouragement

I find myself most discouraged when i let someone down. It usually follows a pattern of unhealthy motivations, unrealistic expectations & self defeating behavior. THE FEAR OF FAILURE LEADS TO FAILURE.

Here is a little piece on the bleakness of discouragement:

Discouragement

The cold hope of doubt haunts me
Failure knows my name
As I set myself up again
To fuel the passive flame

I rise with good intent
My yes is so sincere
But with commitment thin
Before I start, I’m done in fear

Disillusionment is my legacy
To those in me invested.
Dissatisfaction & regret,
To those I love, bequested

Their disappointment justly earned
Their faith eternally dispelled
Discouragement takes up its readied place
Where courage never dwelled.

1 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, December 07, 2004, Blogger Jim said...

Very well put my friend. We often bring to pass the very thing we try not to because of the fear of it. That fear keeps it fresh and real. It is not until we actually let go of that fear that it can finally be quenched by the healing power of God.
GBY my brother
Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home