Wednesday, December 01, 2004

ADVENT MEMORIES

we always used to hang an advent calendar for the kids and count the days to christmas. each night we would sit on the floor in front of the fire place and light a candle, one for each of the four weeks of advent. we would read the christmas story from a child's bible, each child taking a turn to read or just describe the pictures.

we would always finish with a prayer, then blow out our candles and tuck the girls in bed.

sometimes we would say a prayer of graditude, each taking a turn to share one thing we were especially grateful for. sometimes we would say a prayer of praise, going around our little circle six times, each getting a turn to be praised by the other five.

then our little closing prayer: "god bless my mommy & my daddy, aunts & uncles, my cousins and all my friends, thank you for everthing you have given me. please bless me & make me good."

sw

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, December 07, 2004, Blogger PHIL said...

Great memories, and a makes a nice posting. I think it’s very healthy and sustaining to recall these things. Thanks for sharing! Very encouraging for me – I will try to recall some good memories like these and put them in my 4th step.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home