Sunday, January 16, 2005

Confronting Grace

The Lord has seen fit to confront me lately with the reality of his grace. From "The Raggimuffin Gospel" ... The greatest act of faith is to accept yourself just as you are, just because God does.

The ultimate act of faith…
Is to accept myself…
Just as I am right now…
Exactly as I am this very instant.

When I am angry…
When I am sad…
When I am selfish…
HE loves me

When I am mean
When I am bad
When I am evil
HE loves me

HE loves me. Period.
HE loves now
His love has no prerequisite
It has no doubts

His love does not wait for me to change.
His love continues
For it is continuous
With out beginning, end or pause.

What am I to do?
Hate the one He loves?
Wait until I’ve reached the line?
Until I’m seated among the worthy?

When I hate myself… Do I not hate His beloved?
Despise His cherished child?
Abhor this identity, this character,
This very person, that He adores?

So loving Him, I must love myself
Unworthy cherished one, Pitiful beloved
Just as I am right now
In faith through adored.


SW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home