Thursday, March 24, 2005

ALLIANCE WITH GUILT


 Posted by Hello

I have an alliance with guilt,
An accord of mutual protection,
I will defend guilt,
As guilt defends me.

We are a coalition of shame,
United,
A Fraternity of Fortification,
In An Impenetrable compact.

Merciless Truth assaults my secrets,
There is no ceasefire,
No armistice,
Respite or lull.

As night does not
Outlast the day
So Light is unrelenting
In pursuit of darkness.

Guilt is my only ally,
The lone collaborator in my deceit,
The hidden partner of my pretense,
The solitary Sentry at the gate of my heart.

But such Remorse is a heavy shield,
Straining the body,
Burdening the mind,
And Weighing upon my very soul.

Still the mercenary must be paid
The cost of compensation high
In coin of perfection
Isolation & distrust.

To keep the secret
I must not reveal my flaws.
Perfection
Is my facade

To keep the secret
I must not get close
Isolation
Is my home

To keep the secret
I must not depend
Distrust
Is my abode

A am
What I am ashamed of
Defined
Forever linked to my soul.

A am
What I am ashamed of
Secrets
Valued more than gold.

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, March 26, 2005, Blogger Jim said...

Man that is the truth of how we used to be. Now we just restle with this and do not embrace and camp out with these thoughts. We have found the answer. Now He is our alience and we are his.
Great Job man.
Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home